Do you have a bit of limitation with the budget? Still looking for the best table saw?
Different types of table saws are available in the market starting from 150 to more than two thousand dollars. While cheap units are lack in quality and performance, highly-priced units make you break the bank. Hence, finding out the best table saw under $500 is always a tricky part, and it gets trickier if you don’t have a sound knowledge about them.
So, what to do?
Our lab experts opted for thorough research, and after investing a significant amount of time, they have made a list of top 5 tables saw under 500.
Best Table Saw Under 500 Dollars- Comparisons
Last update on 2023-11-12 at 14:11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Table Saw Under 500 – In-Depth Reviews
Are you excited to find out what’s in our list?
Considering the quality, performance, real-time benefits, and expert reviews, here we go with the 5 best table saws that you may consider for all your projects.
1. DEWALT DWE7480XA-Portable Table Saw
A Compact Solution For Your Workshop
Don’t you love the performance of Dewalt products? Dewalt is a well-known brand for manufacturing high-quality power tools and other related products for decades. So, it’s not surprising that the DEWALT DWE7480XA table saw come first in our list. But why do you like this Dewalt table saw.
This unit comes with 15 amp high torque motor and 24-inch rip capacity, making it one of the best tables saw for heavy-duty projects. Not only that, its 24T carbide blade enhances the cutting quality. What’s more, its adjustable blades let you adjust it 0 to 45-degrees for bevel applications.
Despite its ability to tackle heavy-duty jobs, the DWE7480XA comes in a lightweight, compact design that makes it highly portable. It’s easy to move on and off the Jobsite. And you won’t face problems to store it in small spaces. As if that is not enough, it comes with a metal roll cage to ensure job site durability. You’ll also love the fact that DWE7480XA features table coating that reduces friction for smoother cutting.
Dewalt 7480 Portable Saw Features And Benefits:
- Rack And Pinion Telescoping Fence Rails- make fence adjustment smooth, quick, and precise.
- Site-Pro Modular Guarding System- for tool-free modification of the guarding segments to make it perfect for each application.
- Adjustable Rear Feet- to level the unit on the uneven surfaces.
- Dust Port- that allows for 2-1/2 inch vacuum hook up to reduces clean up.
- Heavy- Duty Table Saw Stand (Included)- fold flat for easy storage.
- Perfect for heavy-duty projects.
- Lightweight, compact design for easy transport.
- Precise and smooth fence adjustment.
- Quickly rips through hardwoods with ease.
- Fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- Easy cleanup and storage.
- The in-feed length is short that makes it hard to align the parts.
DEWALT DWE7480XA can be a great choice for them who are looking for a portable yet powerful and efficient table saw. Though portability and power generally don’t go hand in hand, DWE7480XA is an exception.
2. Bosch GTS1031-Job Site Table Saw
A Great Addition To Anyone’s Workshop
Our second product is from BOSCH, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-quality power tools. Bosch GTS1031 is without a doubt a reliable job site table saw, designed to handle various types of woodworking projects. It comes with a host of features that provide the ultimate mobility, versatility, portability and durability that every woodworker is looking for.
The saw features a 5000 no-load rpm motor with 18-inch rip capacity that is versatile enough to rip through hardwood with relative ease. Additionally, the 24- tooth, 10 inches carbide blade easily cuts a wide range of larger trim materials.
The most appealing aspect about this unit is that it comes with a well-balanced one-handed carry handle along with its compact design. This unit is easy to move as it uses. The ergonomic soft-grip allows you to carry this 52 pounds unit with ease.
Moreover, the dual-side handles are positioned in such a way that you can easily set it up on a work platform or load it into a truck. You must appreciate its on-tool storage under the table. Store all necessary accessories here and protect them during transport and storage.
Bosch 1031 Job Site Saw Features And Benefits:
- Square Lock Rip Fence- helps to reduce waste by enhancing cutting constancy and maximizing output.
- Smart Guard With Anti-Kickback Pawls- to provide you full control and safety.
- Riving Knife System- to prevent material from pinching the blade.
- All-Steel And Lightweight Base Stacks On The Side– to make the transportation and storage of the unit easy and stable.
- Professional-grade performance and durability.
- Perfect for a broad range of job site applications.
- Outstanding cutting consistency and accurate performance.
- Easy one-handed operation.
- Highly portable & relatively safe to use.
- During heavy use, the user needs to maintain the tightness of the bevel lock.
Bosch GTS1031 will make your project work not only easier but also top-notch every single time. Considering all of its useful features, it’ll definitely be a welcome addition to your job site.
3. WEN 3720-Portable Job Site Table Saw
Are you searching for a job site table saw that is extremely portable? Then consider the WEN 3720 15A. Portable, compact, efficient and sturdy- the WEN 3720 15A is exactly what you need for your projects. This unit comes with a variety of features that makes it one of the most dependable job site tables saw available today.
Firstly, the saw comes with a powerful 15A motor that can rotate the 10-inch blade up to 4400 times per minute. That means, it can make the cutting of even the hardest of wood easy and faster. The 26-inch ripping capacity let you cut through boards with a thickness of up to 3-9/16 inches. In addition, you can bevel the blade anywhere from 0 to 45-degrees to the left to achieve the perfect angle for bevel cuts.
But that’s just the beginning…
This saw from WEN comes with a collapsible rolling stand to make the transport and storage of the unit easy. Simply fold up the saw and move it to wherever you need. With the two never-flat 8- inch wheels and soft-grip handle you can easily roll across it all types of terrain.
What’s more amazing is that you can extend the table in either direction to create a workspace up to 40 x 30- 7/8 inches to accommodate larger workpieces. And after the job is done, you can fold it down and throw it in the back of the truck.
WEN 3720 Portable Job Site Saw Features And Benefits:
- Reliable And Sturdy Fence- to guide boards in a straight line.
- Sliding Miter Gauge– for cutting along angles.
- Push Stick– for safe operation.
- Adjustable Tracking Knob– allows you to adjust both the height and angle of the blade.
- Dado Head Compatibility- to replace the blade of your choice including dado head for creating strong joints.
- Onboard Tool Storage- let you organize all your necessary working tools by mounting them in their respective storage locations.
- 2-1/2 Inch Dust Port- to maximize cleanliness.
- Large cutting capacity.
- Accurate cuts every time.
- Maximum portability and versatility.
- Well-made and sturdy construction.
- Some users may feel the assembly instruction a little confusing.
In A Word
WEN 3720 can be a stunning piece of equipment if you’re looking for a highly-portable, high-performance table saw with large cutting capacity. The assembly instruction is a little confusing, but everything else is super especially when it comes to precision and versatility. Hopefully, you’ll be as impressed with it.
A Powerful And Feature Packed
The Rockwell RK7241S is a table saw that speaks for itself as soon as you lay your eyes on it. It is a heavy-duty, yet versatile and lightweight table saw. It is durable enough for continuous use in your workshop, job site, or cabinet shop.
The best part of RK7241S is it offers the maximum cutting depth than any other saws in its class. Additionally, the 15 amp motor can handle speeds up to 4800 rpm for larger, deeper cuts on hard boards as well as pieces of wood. Needless to say, you can rip the soft materials like plywood with ease. The unit can deliver 3 9/16 inches cutting depth at 90-degree and 2 9/16 inches at 45-degree.
But that’s not even the best part!
RK7241S inaugurates laser technology that makes your cutting more precise. The exclusive laser indicator automatically adjusts the blade tilt which is a great idea for bevel cuts. Apart from this innovative laser technology this unit comes with many useful features that are there to ensure consistent, accurate, smooth, and deep cuts.
Rockwell 7241 Table Saw Features And Benefits:
- Fully Extended Fold-Out Fence- for maximum rip capacity.
- Outfeed – to support the incoming lumber and catches wood without the need to saw horses, rollers or additional tables.
- Integrated Wheels- that are located on the left side of the unit to pull or push it around with ease.
- Dust Collection Bag- to keep your work surface completely clean at all times.
- 4 times the greater cutting capacity than other models of its class.
- Excellent build quality and cleverly designed.
- It offers unmatched precision.
- Extremely easy to operate.
- Comes assembled.
- Some alignment issues may arise if you fail to perfectly line up the fence with the blade.
This single unit will offer you precision, power as well as portability. This cleverly designed saw comes with an array of useful features that makes it different from other similarly priced table saws. The largest depth of cut, 30- inch rip capacity, powerful motor, laser technology, dust collection bag underneath the table- all these features will certainly meet your cutting needs. Overall, it can be a fabulous deal on this price.
A Well-Made And Affordable
We’re going to wind up our reviews with an affordable table saw. This time it’s the SKIL 3410-02.
If you need to do woodworking on rare occasions or if you need a table saw for DIY projects, then consider this cheaper table saw. But trust us, cheaper doesn’t mean bad quality. It’s a tool that is suitable for light-duty applications.
First of all, you won’t face any trouble getting the hang of cutting with this table saw as all the markings feature precise measurements. Even if you’re a novice, this unit will go easy on you.
This unit is made of heavy-duty steel that makes it a little heavier. But the plus point is it’s still portable, durable and stable enough to perform its jobs perfectly. The 28.9 x 20.87 x 12.99 in dimension makes it one of the most compact table saws on the market today.
The 15 amp motor is surprisingly powerful to provide 5000 rpm. This makes it perfect for cutting pretty much anything with relative ease and utter accuracy.
SKIL 3410-02 Table Saw Features And Benefits:
- Self-Aligning Fence- to ensure every single cut is consistent and accurate.
- Riving Knife- to prevent kickback from happening.
- Miter Gauge – to guide the workpieces when making crosscuts.
- EZ View Measurement System- to ensure accurate settings.
- Blade Guard-to increase the level of working safety. The blade guard also has a quick disconnect mechanism to attach or detach it in a second.
- Onboard Storage- for storing all the necessary attachments and tools you might need.
- Heavy-Duty Steel Folding Stand With Quick-Mount- for easy, quick set up and convenient storage.
- Perfect for handling various carpentry and woodworking projects.
- Fast setup and easy transport.
- Compact and portable.
- Safe to use.
- Very affordable price.
- Due to heavy-construction, it’s somewhat heavy.
- Carrying it around the job site can be a problem for some users as it doesn’t come with wheels.
SKIL 3410-02 comes with pretty basic features, the built-quality surely surpasses the price. For those who are on a budget still expecting more for the price, undoubtedly this table saw is second to none for them. It won’t be wrong if we address it the best cheap table saw 2019.
Table Saw Under 500–Buying Guide
With so many options to choose from, buying the right table saw for your project can be somehow overwhelming, especially if you are a beginner. However, we’re here to help you make the right choice in selecting the best product for all your woodworking needs.
Let’s Watch A Table Saw Buying Advice!
Here are a few points to consider:
Type of Table Saw
There are several types of table saw- portable, benchtop, contractor, hybrid, and cabinet table saw. The portable table saw comes mounted onto a stand that usually features transport wheels. The benchtop table saw has a workbench for support, but doesn’t come with the stand.
Contractor table saws are the job site table saw that are the most rugged in construction. Hybrid table saws are almost similar to contractor saw, but they also come with some features that are found on full-size cabinet saws. Finally, the cabinet saws are the most robust, largest, heaviest, and powerful among all types.
You should choose the type that can be able to deliver the expected results on all your projects.
Portable, smaller table saws come with direct- drive motors that can produce up to 2hp. If you need to cut thinner materials sheets, these will work fine. However, the high-end table saw features powerful belt-drive motors that can produce 3 to 5hp.
Types of Blades
Saw blades come with different arbor sizes, diameter, kerf size, and the number of teeth. Table saw usually comes with 10 to 12- inch blade and 24 to 80 teeth. Some models come with blades as small as 5″- inch. Blades are usually made of carbon, carbide, and even diamond-tipped.
Although nowadays most of the table saw blades are capable of cutting through a wide range of materials besides wood, you need to consider your applications first.
While choosing the right blade also consider the direction in which the blade tilts: right tilt vs left tilt. You’ll enjoy some advantages from this feature.
Fence And Miter Gauge
The fence and miter gauge are the other important factors that you should consider when shopping for a table saw. The T-square fence offers good accuracy. Without a fence, any kind of rip cut is almost impossible. On the other hand, if you need to make an angled cut or cross cut, you’ve to consider a table saw with the miter gauge.
While choosing a table saw under 500, you should consider the essential safety features such as blade guard, splitters, anti-kickback pawls, riving knife, and emergency off switch. In fact, having these features to your table saw will reduce the chance of injury.
Having some additional features like table extensions, wheels, dust collection systems, onboard storage will expand the basic functionality of your saw. These features also make it easier to use.
We’ve tried our best to represent the most reliable information of each reviewed table saw. At the same time, we’ve kept the review relatively short and sweet.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading our in-depth reviews of the best table saw under 500 from some of the most trusted brands.
So, now are you confident to choose the right table saw to make your woodwork less challenging and more productive?
I wish you a successful woodworking project.